The Kahoot! Back to school Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. The Back to school Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to teachers with a valid Kahoot account in good standing. Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and have reached the age of legal majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside at the time of entry. Employees of Kahoot! AS and its related companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor. Kahoot! ASA, Fritdjof Nansens plass 7, 0160 Oslo, Norway.
- Agreement to Official Rules. Your participation in the Promotion constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
- Entry Period. The Promotion begins on August 8th 2022, at 12:00am PDT and ends on September 15th 2022 at 11:59pm PDT (the “Entry Period”). Entries received or earned prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. To enter, go to https://kahoot.com/schools/back-to-school-2022/ . To enter the Weekly challenge, join and complete the kahoot embedded on the page using your professional email address . Once complete you will be automatically entered into the Promotion, and Sponsor will select winners and two runner-ups every week during the Entry Period based on leader board results. Use of any manipulation or of any bot or other automated system or tool to enter, is prohibited and will result in disqualification. To enter the Share your story contest, record and share a video of yourself and your Kahoot! story/tips/recommendation on YouTube Short, Instagram or TikTok using #MyKahootStory and tag Kahoot! (not applicable for videos shared on YouTube short).
- Selection of Potential Winners. On or about September 21st 2022, Sponsor will determine and announce the following potential winners:
- The “#ClearTheList: Weekly challenge” grand prize weekly winner will be the eligible entrant who placed first in the weekly kahoot challenge during the Entry Period. Sponsor will also determine the first and second runner-up Back to school winners.
- The “#ClearTheList” grand prize potential winner will be the eligible entrant who collected the most point combined by participating in #ClearTheList: Weekly challenges during the Entry period.
- The five “Share your story” grand prize potential winners will be an eligible entrant selected by a jury consisting of Kahoot! team members. Sponsor will also determine the first through fifth runner-up potential Share your story winners.
Each potential winner will be notified by email to the email address provided to Sponsor at the time of entry and/or through the social media platform used to submit a video. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, if a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days of the first attempt to contact them, if notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the potential winner is ineligible, the potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be determined by Sponsor using the criteria above. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), entry, and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide, without further compensation.
- The “#ClearTheList: Weekly challenge” grand prize winners will each receive a large Kahoot! classroom swag package (approximate retail value (“ARV”): U.S. $50).
- The first and second “#ClearTheList: Weekly challenge”, runners-up will receive a Kahoot! classroom package (ARV: U.S $25).
- The “#ClearTheList” grand prize potential winner will receive an Amazon (U.S.) gift card or 1yr Kahoot! EDU subscription (2 licenses). (ARV: U.S $250).
- The first “#ClearTheList” runner-up will receive an Amazon (U.S.) gift card or 1yr Kahoot! EDU subscription (1 license). (ARV: U.S $100).
- The second “#ClearTheList” runner-up will receive an Amazon (U.S.) gift card (ARV: U.S $50) or 1yr Kahoot! Premium+ subscription (1 license) (ARV: U.S $50)
- The “Share your story” grand prize winners will each receive a Kahoot! classroom swag package and, if applicable, receive a 1yr Kahoot! plan upgrade (one level up from their plan status as of time of entry) (ARV: U.S $100)
- The first through 50th “Share your story” runners-up will each receive a Kahoot! classroom swag package (ARV: U.S $50).
Limit: one (1) prize per person, Kahoot account, and email address.
All federal, state, and local taxes and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the responsibility solely of the winner. Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable. No substitution permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and its related companies, and each such company’s respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, your participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) claims arising from any breach or alleged breach by you of these Official Rules; (b) claims arising from unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (c) claims arising from technical or printing errors; (d) claims arising from lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or email; (e) claims arising from errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (f) claims arising from injury, death, or damage to persons or property; or (g) claims based on defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, or on the rights of publicity or privacy. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the actual out-of-pocket costs associated with participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
- General Conditions. If the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify, and/or cancel the Promotion and, if feasible, select potential winners from among eligible, salvageable, and non-suspect entries received on or before the termination date. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Promotion. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
10. Results. For the results, tune in for the Kahoot! EDU Fall Meetup on September 20th 2022 or go to the Kahoot! blog after September 25th 2022.